Toronto: It mainly depends on your goal and what you want to do in Canada. People mostly come here to study or work and IELTS has different exams for each. Academic and General training which is for work and studies.
Certain colleges require IELTS academic for admission into their institutions, but there are also colleges who don’t ask for language proficiency exams like IELTS all though beware that they won’t have much reputation.
Move to Canada
Explore your options
Here we are going see what are all the legal options that are available for one to enter into Canada for work without IELTS
- If you get a job offer while visiting Canada, you can apply for a work permit and start working
- You can also come to Canada through an intra company transfer. Suppose you are working in a company in your home country and they transfer you to their Canadian office If they have any.
- You must have a Job offer from a Canadian Employer. Like LMIA (Labour Market Impact Assessment) offer or LMIA exempt job permit in Canada.
- There are also other alternatives to IELTS if you would have to consider, they are;
- CLB (Canadian Language Benchmark)
- COPMP (Canadian Occupational Performance Measurement Program)
- COPMPT (Canadian Occupational Performance Measurement Program for Teachers)
- TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language)
You need a work permit to immigrate to Canada, that doesn’t mean you mandatorily require a language proficiency score like IELTS. As of now there is no legal requirement that you must have one to be eligible for work permit in Canada. Mostly these language tests are required for individuals planning to immigrate to Canada as a Permanent Resident.
Move to Canada