Canada offers everything you can dream of and befriends immigrants worldwide. The same holds for its provinces on all sides, especially Northwest Territories in the northern region. To reside here, you can apply through the Northwest Territories PNP program.
Northwest Territories is a perfect place to reside, considering its highest median household income in Canada. Hence, it hosts the Northwest Territories PNP program to welcome immigrants for permanent residence in the province. So, if you are looking forward to applying for PR for Northwest Territories, here is all you must know.
What is Northwest Territories PNP program?
The Northwest Territories PNP program is an immigration program run by the Government of Northwest Territories in collaboration with Citizenship, Immigration, and Refugees Canada. It provides opportunities for immigrants from foreign countries to settle permanently in Northwest Territories.
The program consists of two departments to run two streams: business and employer-driven. The business stream is linked with the department of Industry, tourism, and investment, whereas the employer-driven stream works with the Department of Education, Culture, and Employment.
Northwest Territories immigration provincial program aims to fill the labour and workforce requirements and eventually enhance the province’s economy. It helps foreign workers gain permanent residence so they can utilize the vast geological resources in the country.
The program works with various streams categorized as a base and enhanced. The candidates must fulfil the Northwest Territories PNP program requirements to be eligible for PR in the province under the respective streams.
The applicants can also receive a nomination for PR in the province, which saves them from the time consumed during Northwest Territories immigration process. However, the candidates can apply through one of the various streams and wait for the approval of Citizenship and Immigration Canada.
What are the streams included in the Northwest Territories PNP program?
The Northwest Territories PNP program invites applications under four major streams. Three are base streams, and one is the enhanced stream, allowing candidates through the Express entry system. You must fulfil the requirements to gain PR for Northwest Territories, Canada.
- Have a full-time job offer from an eligible NWT employer in the high-skill level category.
- Have the required certifications, skills, license, and registration for the job offered.
- Have the experience of work needed as demanded by the job.
- Have the necessary language proficiency for the job.
- Not be a refugee.
Express entry skilled worker
- Fulfil the eligibility criteria for any one of the three federal economic immigration programs, which are Federal Skilled Worker, Canadian Experience Class, and Federal Skill trades.
- Abide by the criteria for Citizenship and Immigration Canada’s express pool entry.
- Have a full-time job offer from an eligible NWT employer under the high-skill level category.
- Have the required certification and accreditation for the offered job.
- Have the professional level language proficiency and experience demanded by the job.
- Not be a claimed refugee.
Critical impact worker
- Have a full-time job offer from an eligible employer in NWT under the NOC skill levels C or D.
- Have a temporary work permit with at least six months of work time on the job.
- Have the required experience for the work.
- Have basic proficiency in the language used for the job.
- Have sufficient funds to settle in the Northwest Territories province.
- Not be a claimed refugee.
- Have an investment capacity of at least $300,000 for establishing or buying a business under the Yellowknife, NWT or at least $150,000 for establishing or buying a business outside Yellowknife, NWT.
- Have a personal income of at least $500,000 for establishing or business under Yellowknife or at least $250,000 for setting or buying a business outside Yellowknife, NWT.
- Have the required language proficiency and communication skills for establishing the business.
- Have a complete understanding and knowledge of the NWT economy.
- Have the necessary experience and management skills for the established business.
How to apply for the Northwest Territories PNP program?
Now that you might wonder how to apply for the Northwest Territories PNP program, here are the steps you need to follow.
- Get an Express Entry profile and submit it online.
- Go to the Northwest Territories in the province option and apply for nomination.
- Receive an Invitation to Apply for Permanent residence in NWT.
- Submit the final application for PR.
- Wait for the approval of the application.
Northwest Territories province of Canada is a hub of the highest paying jobs in Canada with abundant resources to sustain a living. Hence, achieving a permanent residence in NWT is like a life-settling experience. However, it is more challenging than it sounds, and you must fulfil the requirements under various streams to get PR in NWT. So, if you are eligible for a PR in NWT, you can follow the steps and get flying to Canada.
For more PNP-related articles, please visit Swagatham Canada’s provincial nominee’s section.